How Can I Prevent Termites Naturally?
Many people want to use all-natural products or DIY methods to deal with termites. While these may occasionally work to prevent termites, they are not strong enough to control an active termite infestation.
Some of the all-natural methods used to prevent termites include orange oil, cardboard traps, diatomaceous earth, and boric acid. These methods may be successful in helping to create a barrier against termites.
6 Ways to Prevent Termites Naturally
If you have active termites in your home, you will need professional termite treatments to get rid of them. That said, there are several methods used that may repel termites from your property in the first place. These include:
- Diatomaceous earth: Used to control many types of garden pests, this can be mixed with soil, water, or paint to help keep termites away.
- Orange oil: This can be sprayed into high-risk areas for termites, including crawl spaces and attics.
- Nematodes: Certain groups of parasitic nematodes are known to feed on termites, making them a natural form of biological control.
- Cardboard traps: These are often effective because they contain the cellulose that attracts termites. The hope is that any nearby termites will gather near the trap, which can then be disposed of by burning.
- Sunlight: Termites are very sensitive to sunlight; exposing infested furniture to daylight can kill off any hiding termites.
- Boric acid: Available in liquid or dust form, boric acid works to kill termites and other pests in or near the home.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
DIY Termite Control
While some of the aforementioned methods may work to prevent termites in the first place, they will not be enough to get rid of a serious termite infestation. Termite infestations can be difficult to control, and DIY methods are typically not an option. To get rid of termites, it’s important to heed the advice of a professional termite exterminator that has access to the industry’s best treatment options or methods.
Do Termite Exterminators Help Prevent Termites?
Even if you use all-natural termite prevention, it’s still recommended to work with a professional termite exterminator for your best protection against an infestation. The team at Pest Defense Solutions can prevent termites with regular inspections, top-notch treatment options, and more.
How Can I Prevent Termites Naturally? in Albuquerque NM
Serving Albuquerque & Santa Fe New Mexico