Serving Albuquerque | Los Lunas | Santa Fe | Tijeras
A pest infestation in a construction site can put people at risk and expose buildings to property damage from wood-destroying insects like termites and carpenter ants. Pest infestations in construction sites can also put buildings at further risk after construction is complete!
At Pest Defense Solutions, we know what it takes to keep pests away from your construction site using our pre-construction pest control methods.
Construction site pest control
Pest infestations are a major concern for the construction industry as construction sites often become infested with a wide range of pests. Some of the main pest problems faced by construction sites include:
- Subterranean termites: Due to their ability to inflict costly property damage, subterranean termites are a major concern for construction customers.
- Wildlife: Wild animals like raccoons, squirrels, and bats are quite fond of construction sites as they often provide them with shelter and food.
- Rodents: One of the most common invaders of construction sites, mice and rats can spread disease, bite humans and damage property.
- Pigeons & seagulls: Bird droppings can result in unsafe conditions for workers and cause accidents.
Need a Pre-Construction Pest Control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Pre-Construction Termite Prevention
Out of all pests detrimental to construction sites, termites are the most feared. The most important termite control step in any pre-construction phase is treating the soil before moving forward with anything else. Doing this can form a chemical barrier to prevent termites from getting near the building during construction and long after as well.
Other important steps to prevent termites in new builds include:
- Ensuring the home will receive proper ventilation to prevent excess moisture and humidity.
- When building crawl spaces, being wary of keeping wood sitting above the ground to avoid contact with soil.
- Building the home in such a way to create proper drainage, which is best achieved by sloping the soil away from the foundation.
Pre-construction pest control process
At Pest Defense Solutions, we know how overwhelming it can be to prevent pests in the construction business. We have been providing construction companies with pre-construction pest control for more than 15 years. Call our team today to learn how we can help protect your buildings!Back to Residential Pest Control
Pre-Construction Pest Control in Albuquerque NM
Serving Albuquerque & Santa Fe New Mexico