Without the help of an experienced exterminator, controlling pests in warehouses & other large-scale commercial buildings can be overwhelming. Especially in buildings like food processing plants or stored product facilities, pest problems are inevitable. For this reason, it’s crucial to team up with a professional exterminator who can help you prevent pests.
The industrial pest control experts at Pest Defense Solutions offer warehouse pest control programs to keep your commercial building protected year-round!
The Importance of Warehouse Pest Control
Warehouses are some of the biggest commercial buildings, which is why you need an experienced exterminator to implement pest control. Especially if you own a warehouse with any type of stored goods, you can be sure that pest problems will arise without proper care or prevention. Warehouse pests enjoy feeding on whole kernels, processed grains, and spices. The most common pests found in warehouses include ants, beetles, mites, moths, and weevils.
Pest Problem? We can help!
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a few signs to look out for that might indicate that pests are infesting your warehouse. Keep watch for:
- Droppings: Roaches, rats, and mice leave behind droppings that look like little dark grains. These can potentially spread dangerous bacteria and viruses.
- Chew marks: Rodents in particular are infamous for chewing through all kinds of materials, both to make nests and to prevent overgrowth in their incisors. Look for bite marks on boxes, wires, structural materials, and more.
- Odors: Foul smells from droppings and filth might tip off workers to an infestation inside your warehouse.
While warehouses, being large and full of goods and appliances, have the potential to attract all kinds of pests, there are a few invaders that we most often hear of infesting them. These are:
- Rodents: Rats and mice can squeeze into smaller holes than you would imagine to break into your building, and it’s hard to monitor large buildings like warehouses to find and close all of these potential entry points. Once inside, they have plenty of things to chew on, places to hide, and materials to build nests with.
- Stored product pests: Common pantry pests like beetles and moths can find grains, animal-based fabrics, and other edible goods inside packaged items in warehouses. Noticing damaged containers and boxes in your warehouse is a good sign of an infestation.
- Spiders: Spiders find all kinds of hiding places in warehouses, usually preferring the arid upper corners of rooms, subfloor air vents, and other dark, isolated spots. They feed on many kinds of insects that might also be living inside the warehouse.
It’s important to take regular preventative measures to keep pests out of your warehouse. Implement these steps into your regular cleaning routine:
- Seal off any pest entry points around your windows, doors, foundation, and walls.
- Regularly inspect your plumbing fixtures to prevent leaks from creating water supplies.
- Clean up spills promptly to keep pests from finding food sources.
In cases of minor infestations, store-bought pest control products like bait stations, traps, and bug sprays can be effective. However, with the size of warehouses, it’s nearly impossible to know if you’ve cleared out every pest from the area without a visit from a professional exterminator. For an exhaustive inspection, contact our commercial pest control team today.
Industrial Pest Control Services
If you own a large-scale commercial building, you’re going to want to invest in services from a pest control company who has experience with industrial pest control. By focusing on pest prevention, the team at Pest Defense Solutions can keep a pest infestation from ever starting. Our warehouse and industrial pest control methods include the following steps:
- Thoroughly inspecting and treating any and all infected areas.
- Scheduling service and visits for maximum discretion and convenience, including after hours and weekends.
- Using eco-friendly products and methods that are proven to be effective.
- Providing documentation for health inspectors and other government officials.
- Following up on treatment and making any necessary adjustments.
Why Choose Us for Warehouse & Industrial Pest Control?
Without proper pest control, warehouses and other industrial buildings are at high risk for pest problems. Pest Defense Solutions will work together with you and your maintenance personnel to provide comprehensive warehouses and industrial pest control solutions. Regular inspections, preventative measures, and effective treatments are the key to effective industrial pest control—call our team today to learn more!
Warehouses & Industrial Pest Control in Albuquerque NM
Serving Albuquerque & Santa Fe New Mexico