Most people have dealt with an ant problem at some point in their lives. Ant infestations are very common and—unfortunately—very difficult to control without the assistance of an ant exterminator. At Pest Defense Solutions, our ant extermination team will implement the most effective ant removal treatments and protect your property from future ant infestations as well.
Common Questions About Ants
Ants are attracted to two things: food and water.
- Food. Ants are omnivores and are not picky about what they’ll eat. Depending on the species, ants will be attracted to sugary, sweet foods, proteins, and greasy surfaces. However, they will take advantage of any food that has been left unsealed or spilled.
- Water. Ants also need water to survive, so any excess moisture in kitchens and bathrooms can provide them with a consistent water source. Leaky pipes or plumbing can also attract ants quickly.
Although they don’t hibernate, ants go into a dormancy period known as “diapause”. As temperatures plummet and ants enter diapause, ants become less active. This makes them appear sluggish or immobile but allows them to utilize very little stored energy, as they do not eat, drink, or lay eggs during this period. Unlike some pests and animals, ants do not fall into a deep slumber in the winter. Instead, they find their way inside or rest several feet deep into the soil where temperatures are more consistent and the elements cannot reach them.
Ant Problem? We can help!
When to Use an Ant Exterminator
For the most part, ants aren’t dangerous beyond being simply a nuisance. Some types, however, can be more dangerous than you think. Here in Albuquerque, carpenter ants tunnel through and destroy wood structures while fire ants are capable of administering a painful sting.
In any case, professional ant exterminators can help determine what ant species you are dealing with and administer the best ant removal methods.
Our Ant Pest Control Process
At Pest Defense Solutions, our team uses the latest science and technology to test new and innovative products so we can protect your home with an effective ant removal plan suited to your specific needs. Our ant removal process includes the following steps:
- Thoroughly inspecting the property to identify the source of the infestation
- Determining of the ant species
- Placement or application of ant control products and insecticides
- Sealing entry points and controlling sources of the infestation
- Creating a detailed ant removal report describing the treatment
- Providing ant control and prevention tips to avoid future infestations
Ant Control You Can Count On
At Pest Defense Solutions, we know how annoying an ant problem can be. Without the help of a professional ant exterminator, ant infestations can seem endless. That’s because many ant infestations contain multiple colonies, which can make completely controlling the ants seem impossible.
For more than 15 years, we have been Albuquerque’s leaders in ant removal and control. Our ant exterminators provide thorough home inspections and the most effective ant treatments in the industry.
Ant Exterminators Control – Removal in Albuquerque NM
Serving Albuquerque & Santa Fe New Mexico