No one wants ants crawling across their kitchen counters or along their floorboards. Unfortunately, ants are the most common nuisance pest in the nation. These tiny pesky insects are infamous for spreading quickly. Even worse, they are very difficult to get rid of without the help of an ant exterminator.
To avoid the frustration of an ant infestation, it’s important to know how to prevent them.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
DIY ant prevention
As appealing as they may be, DIY or all-natural ant control simply cannot get rid of an ant infestation. That said, some methods may prove helpful in preventing ant problems. Planting mint around the perimeter of your home, using a vinegar and water spray solution, or spreading diatomaceous earth, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper, or black pepper around your home may help repel ants. However, they will not work to treat an active infestation—making it important to enlist the help of an ant control expert.
Prevent ants in 3 steps
As a property owner, there are several ways you can lessen the risk of getting an ant infestation. To prevent ants, try out the following tips:
- Control excess moisture in the property.
- Fix leaky pipes and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Use a dehumidifier in damp basements or crawl spaces.
- Ensure downspouts and gutters are functioning properly.
- Limit ant food sources.
- Keep kitchens clean and free of crumbs.
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly.
- Store any food in airtight containers and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Use a lid on trash cans and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Seal entry points.
- Routinely check the perimeter of your property for entry points and seal them.
- Ensure all windows and doors don’t have cracks, and consider installing screens.
Ant pest control services
If you’ve done all you can to prevent ants and still see trails of them inside your property, it’s time to call an ant exterminator. Left untreated, ant problems can spread and quickly get worse. At Pest Defense Solutions, we can help you determine the sources that may be contributing to your ant problem. To learn more about our ant removal and prevention, call us today!Back to Ant Exterminators, Control & Removal
Ant Prevention Tips in Albuquerque NM
Serving Albuquerque & Santa Fe New Mexico