Serving Albuquerque | Los Lunas | Santa Fe | Tijeras
Out in nature, wild animals are perfectly normal. When they get on your property, however, they can be more dangerous! Whether you have squirrels in your attic, raccoons nesting under your porch, or some other type of wild animal trying to take up space in your property, it’s important to enlist the help of a professional pest control company.
Because wild animals can be unpredictable, never try to remove them on your own. To avoid having to deal with them whatsoever, it’s smart to learn how to prevent wildlife in the first place.
Prevent wildlife in your yard in 5 steps
A wild animal may find themselves on your property in search of food, water, or shelter. This especially happens in colder weather as they attempt to escape dropping temperatures. Five ways you can lessen the risk of getting wildlife on your property include:
- Keep a tidy yard: Make sure to keep garbage sealed, and clean up any debris or leaf piles to avoid attracting wildlife in your yard.
- Cover vents and openings: Dryer vents are warm and appealing, especially to squirrels or smaller animals. Cover the opening of a dryer vent with a piece of wire mesh cloth or screening to keep wild animals out!
- Protect your chimney: A chimney provides the perfect opportunity for nesting and it can attract raccoons, birds, bats, and squirrels. Inexpensive screens, hardware netting, and chimney caps can all be used to protect your chimney.
- Protect your porch: The space beneath porches and decks is a perfect spot for many animals to make a new home. Mesh, wood, or hardware cloth barriers can keep animals out.
- Cover overhangs and gutters: Overhangs provide a place for birds, squirrels, and raccoons to take refuge. Make sure to cut back any tree branches near the home and consider investing in enclosed gutters.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Wildlife exclusion services
The best way to protect your yard and property from wild animals is to implement exclusion efforts. The team at Pest Defense Solutions knows how distressing it can be to have wild animals on your property, which is why we offer exclusion services. To learn more about how we can keep wild animals out, give our team a call today!Back to Wildlife Removal & Control
Prevent Wildlife From Entering Your Home in Albuquerque NM
Serving Albuquerque & Santa Fe New Mexico