No one wants a spider problem in their home, which is why it’s important to learn how to prevent them! Although most types of spiders are harmless, few people can stand having them indoors. Like many types of pests, spiders move indoors for food and shelter, and keeping them out requires sealing your home properly. Read on for Pest Defense Solution’s top spider prevention tips.
How to Prevent Spiders in 5 Steps
To avoid the understandably frightening sight of spiders invading your property, there are several ways you can keep spiders from getting inside:
- Always inspect boxes and pieces of furniture for egg sacs or live spiders before moving them indoors.
- Locate and seal any potential entry points around your foundation, walls, or windows to stop spiders from crawling in.
- Maintain a clean, tidy home to prevent the many types of insects that spiders prey on.
- Place sticky traps in specific rooms to monitor spider activity.
- Keep your grass mowed and all vegetation trimmed. Spiders are attracted to bushes, shrubs, woodpiles, and compost piles in your yard.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
DIY Spider Prevention
In the age of all-natural everything, it’s understandable why someone might want to use DIY spider control methods. There are several all-natural methods that may help ward off spiders. A fine layer of diatomaceous earth sprinkled around the perimeter of your property will kill any spider that crawls across it. In addition, peppermint, tea-tree, citrus, and eucalyptus essential oils are all known to deter spiders. While these natural products may aid in preventing spiders, they won’t offer a long-lasting solution to a spider infestation.
Keeping Spiders Out of Your Home
If you’re seeing an excessive amount of spiders or webs in your home—or if you’ve spotted a black widow, brown recluse, it’s best to call a spider exterminator. At Pest Defense Solutions, we know spiders can be distressing, which is why we offer industry-leading spider control. Call us today to learn more!Back to Spider Exterminators, Control & Removal
Spider Prevention Tips in Albuquerque NM
Serving Albuquerque & Santa Fe New Mexico