Chances are, you or someone you know tends to be prone to mosquito bites. Whether you’re a magnet for mosquitoes or not, it’s important to know how to prevent being bitten by these dangerous mosquitoes. A mosquito bite can cause itching, irritation, and even swelling. In serious cases, bites can transmit diseases that have negatively impacted communities worldwide. Keep reading to learn how to protect yourself from mosquito bites!
Mosquito Bite Prevention Tips
The best way to avoid a mosquito bite is to avoid contact with these pesky bugs entirely! Three ways you can prevent mosquito bites include:
- If possible, avoid going outdoors at dawn or dusk. This is when mosquitoes are most active and likely to bite.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, jackets, and long-legged pants. Treating the clothing with insect repellent will help as well.
- If spending a lot of time outdoors, apply insect repellent that contains at least 25 percent DEET. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Mosquito Problem? We can help!
Mosquito Bite Treatment
Mosquito bites don’t usually cause serious symptoms and recovery is quick, but it’s important to treat them properly. Luckily, you can usually treat mosquito bites right at home:
After being bitten, always wash the bite in cold water and use soap to clean the area.
- Use anti-inflammatories, antihistamines, and over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream if the itching is painful.
- Avoid scratching the site of the bite. This will irritate the skin and may hinder the healing process.
- In the rare case you develop any unexpected symptoms or it appears you’re suffering from an infection, it’s crucial to receive medical attention for proper treatment.
How to Prevent Mosquito Problems
The key to protecting yourself from mosquitoes is avoiding mosquitoes in the first place! To do this, it’s best to work with a pest control company such as Pest Defense Solutions, who can help administer effective mosquito repellents for your yard. To learn more about our services, give our mosquito exterminators a call today!Back to Mosquito Exterminators, Control & Removal
Mosquito Bite Prevention and Treatment in Albuquerque NM
Serving Albuquerque & Santa Fe New Mexico