Every year when the seasons change, pest infestations spike. This is especially true for rodents, who get indoors to escape the seasonal changes outdoors in Albuquerque. Like any other type of pest, they will seek out warmth, shelter, and food inside your home. Rats and mice inside aren’t just a nuisance, they’re dangerous too! Not only are rodents destructive, but they can also spread germs and disease as well. The team at Pest Defense Solutions knows how important it is to keep your family safe from rodents. We also know you want to feel comfortable in your home and enjoy the fall season without worrying about an infestation in your home! Read on to learn our top tips to keep rodents away this fall and all year long.
How Do Rats and Mice Get Inside?
The good news is that it’s rather easy to tell when you have rats or mice in your home. Rodents will take shelter in the attic, basement, and garage. They also will infest kitchens, laundry rooms, and are highly likely to invade your trash cans if given the chance. Mice are able to squeeze through tiny openings, jump, and build nests in just about any room you can imagine. A rat or mouse problem often begins when the rodents get in through your chimney, pipes, air vents, and more. Once they’re indoors, they can easily spread and cause damage wherever they go.
5 Ways to Keep Rodents Away For Good
Rodents can get inside easily. It’s important to not only stop their chances of succeeding but also to make your property less attractive to them. Our top tips to prevent rats and mice this fall include:
- Cover all vents. Install mesh screens on your vents. Also, consider installing screens on doors and windows.
- Use a tight-fitting lid on your trash cans. Rodents love to rummage in the garbage! If possible, keep your trash cans sealed and stored.
- Protect your eaves. Fix any damaged roofing and use wire mesh to seal gaps in your eaves.
- Store food and items properly. Securely store food in tight-fitting containers with lids.
- Seal cracks and crevices. Use caulk or wire wool to cover up gaps and openings near pipes and other openings.
Fall Rodent Infestations in Albuquerque
No one wants to deal with an infestation in the fall, especially rodents! Rats and mice alike can spread germs, chew through wires, and cause destruction. If you think you have a rodent problem or want to prevent one altogether, the rats and mice control team at Pest Defense Solutions can help. Contact us today to learn about our rodent prevention services!