Whether you’ve had mosquitoes near your pond or ants covering your barbecue area, you know how frustrating pests in your backyard can be. This time of year, you’re likely looking to spend as much time outdoors before the weather and time changes. Pests can quickly ruin your time spent outside, which is why it’s so important to learn how to make your property less attractive to pests in the first place. At Pest Defense Solutions, we know that pest problems are common year-round here in Albuquerque. With our commitment to ensuring our customers are pest-free both inside and outside their homes, we’re sharing our top tips to prevent pests in your patio.
Tips & Tricks to Prevent Pests in Your Backyard
Pests can be a nuisance, but they can be dangerous, too. Mosquitoes, ticks, and stinging insects are three of the most common pest problems in backyards this time of year. To help pest-proof your property, implement the following tips:
- Trim your lawn and shrubs. Overgrown grass or vegetation provides mosquitoes and ticks with shelter.
- Learn to identify ant mounds and wasp nests. Even the tiniest nest can contain thousands of stinging insects.
- Check wood structures. Termites and carpenter bees will damage your wooden decks or porches.
- Remove standing water. Mosquitoes only need a half inch of standing water to breed.
- Use an insect repellent. Insect repellent containing DEET will help repel mosquitoes and ticks.
- Clean your patio or space regularly. Crumbs or spilled liquids will attract ants and other insects.
Pests to Lookout For in Your Outdoor Living Space
If you have an outdoor living space, you can be sure pests are going to explore it! Many pests are a nuisance to deal with, but a few can be more dangerous for you and your family. The pests you’ll see in your yard are mosquitoes, stinging insects (bees, wasps, and hornets), ants, spiders, ticks, fleas, and flies. Ticks and mosquitoes are especially concerning for their ability to transmit dangerous diseases to humans. For this reason, always be cautious about pests in your backyard and enlist the help of a professional when needed.
How to Get Rid of Pest Infestations in Your Backyard
Whether you have spotted a nest forming on your deck, an ant-hill near your garden, or mosquitoes breeding nearby, it’s best to contact your local exterminator for help with existing pest problems. At Pest Defense Solutions, we are dedicated to providing you with pest-free outdoor living. Contact us today to learn more!
6 Tips to Prevent Pests in Your Patio in Albuquerque NM
Serving Albuquerque & Santa Fe New Mexico