A lot of things go into planning for a trip, whether it’s a weekend getaway or a weeklong vacation. In addition to making travel arrangements and packing your suitcase, what else is there to do? As much as you may hate to think about it, bed bug infestations are commonly spread through traveling—making it important to learn how to prevent them.
Read on to learn our top tips on how to prevent bed bugs while traveling.
Bed Bugs in Hotels
Many people assume that only rundown motels have bed bugs, but that’s simply not the case. Bed bug problems occur even in the nicest of hotels without the help of a professional exterminator who can prevent them. Millions of people from around the world check-in and out of hotels on a daily basis, making bed bug infestations inevitable. Before booking any accommodations, it’s crucial to read the reviews to look for mentions of bed bugs.
Bed Bug Problem? We can help!
Bed Bug Prevention While Traveling
Before you check into your hotel or bed-and-breakfast, there are three steps you should take to prevent bed bugs while traveling:
- Properly pack your suitcase.
- Use a suitcase with a hard casing/shell.
- Wrap all clothing and fabric items in plastic bags.
- Thoroughly inspect your hotel room when you arrive.
- Pull back the bedsheets and look between the mattress and box springs for bed bugs.
- Look for signs of eggs, feces, or skin that has been shed.
- Store your luggage above-ground.
- Always place luggage on suitcase racks or on top of dressers.
How to Prevent Bed Bugs After a Trip
When you return home from traveling, you’re not safe from bed bugs yet! Always wash and dry your clothing in hot water, and thoroughly vacuum or steam-clean your suitcase before storing it. If you’ve followed all these bed bug prevention tips and still have a bed bug problem, it’s best to call the bed bug exterminators at Pest Defense Solutions.Back to Bed Bug Exterminators, Control & Removal
Prevent Bed Bugs While Traveling in Albuquerque NM
Serving Albuquerque & Santa Fe New Mexico