When it comes to bed bugs, it’s crucial to know how to prevent them. Even the cleanest home or hotel can get a bed bug infestation without proper precautions. Bed bug infestations can start and spread through used furniture, luggage, transported clothing, and other things, making them more of a pressing threat than you may realize. Keep reading for some of Pest Defense Solution’s top tips on preventing bed bugs.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
6 steps to prevent bed bugs
Sometimes bed bug infestations are inevitable, but there are a few ways you can lessen the risk of letting them into your home. The top 6 ways to keep bed bugs out include:
- Know the signs of bed bugs: These insects leave behind dark fecal spots on mattresses and upholstery, along with pale-yellow shell casings and their white, sticky eggs. Bits from the bugs are usually red, itchy, and appear in rows or zigzags.
- Be cautious of used items: Transporting used goods into your home is an easy way to get bed bugs. Always thoroughly check any used item before bringing it home.
- Cover power outlets: Though it may seem odd, power outlets are ideal hiding spots for bed bugs. Cover the outlets with a simple outlet plug to keep them away.
- Use vacuum-sealed bags: Vacuum-sealed bags help provide a barrier between your clothing and wandering bed bugs.
- Cover your mattress: A mattress cover that can withstand tears or holes will be extremely helpful in keeping bed bugs out.
- Take care while traveling: Bed bug infestations are known to start when the bugs are brought home from a trip due to infested hotels or luggage.
Effective bed bug inspections & treatments
To protect you, your family, and your business from bed bugs, it’s important to know what causes infestations in the first place. If you’ve done all you can to prevent bed bugs from getting inside and still are noticing the signs, it’s time to call the bed bug extermination team at Pest Defense Solutions. To learn how Pest Defense Solutions can help keep bed bugs out of your home year-round, call us today!Back to Bed Bug Exterminators, Control & Removal
Keeping Bed Bugs Out of Your Home in Albuquerque NM
Serving Albuquerque & Santa Fe New Mexico