Things You Need To Know About Bed Bug
Bed Bugs have been on the rise lately and we are starting to lose the fight against them. Knowing how to kill Bed Bugs is one thing that the average home owner is not going to do effectively. Steaming your clothes and beddings is not going to work to get rid and kill the bed bugs. Bed bug extermination is not for the home owner, it needs to be done by a professional pest control company that handles residential services.
Bed bug removal from a residential home or even a commercial property is easier said then done, especially if you are not a professional pest control company. If you have problems with these little critters then you need to contact one of the bed bug pest control companies in Albuquerque, the best one is Pest Defense Albuquerque and other residential pest control articles.
The formal name for a bed bug is Cimexz Lectularius and for as small as these insects are they are some of the most reviled insects when discovered.
And according to a news release from the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) published Thursday, we’re only going to become more and more familiar with them, as the rate of bed bug infestations continue to climb upward. Credits: Bed Bugs Are On The Rise: What Should You Know About Humanity’s Eternal Pest? – Medical Daily
The name bed bug is really not all that true because just about any environmen that contains humans including doctor’s offices, buses, taxis, and even retail stores. The 2015 report “Bugs without Borders survey by the National Pest Management Assoc and the University of Kentucky says they are becoming more prevalent.
Polling 7,000 pest management professionals, they found that 58 percent of nursing homes had been treated for bed bugs vs. 46 percent in the 2013 survey; 45 percent vs. 36 percent of offices; and 43 percent vs. 41 percent of schools and daycare centers. And 64 percent of these professionals agreed that bed bugs are on the rise. Even more troubling was the finding that a similar percentage believed that these pesky pests are among the hardest to properly control. Credits: Bed Bugs Are On The Rise: What Should You Know About Humanity’s Eternal Pest? – Medical Daily
You need a bed bug exterminator to really get rid of these guys and Pest Defense Solutions is the company you need to call if you find a bed bug 505-899-4808. They are the best at bed bug pest control service by the top in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho and Los Lunas bed bugs exterminators.
Here is some information on Bed Bugs that you might not have known about:
- They can’t fly
- They don’t cause disease – you can have an allergic rash from their blood sucking bite.
- They are considered nocturnal. They like the warmth more than anything else. Bed bug infestations happen in the summertime, tho that could be that more people are traveling than other times of the year.
- They like warmth during feeding time. They will hitch a ride in your suitcase and not on you.
- They are usually associated with unclean, dirty environments. Any place that has a human host will work for them either a ritzy lounge or an unwashed college students dorm.
- They live in all 50 states.
- They live up to a year but only a few months without feeding.
They’re now known as bed bugs, but once upon a time it would have been appropriate to call them cave bugs, since it’s believed that they moved from picking on bats to hassling humans once we moved into these spacious indoor environments several thousand years ago. As we left the caves to build civilizations, they came along for the ride. Credits: Bed Bugs Are On The Rise: What Should You Know About Humanity’s Eternal Pest? – Medical Daily
- Take proper precautions when staying in a hotel. When in a motel or hotel check the 90-degree angles of the bed they tend to settle in the corners. Keep your luggage off the floor and put it on those luggage racks in the room.
- That is why you need to call a professional whenever you notice that you have bed bugs. They are almost impossible to eliminate fully through home remedies like steaming your clothes or bedding.
Though we’re currently losing the battle against bed bugs, a new innovation developed by husband-wife team and biologists Dr. Regine Gries and Dr. Gerhard Gries may someday win the war. They were able to create a pheromone-scented trap that lures bed bugs away from their hiding place. “This trap will help landlords, tenants, and pest-control professionals determine whether premises have a bedbug problem, so that they can treat it quickly. It will also be useful for monitoring the treatment’s effectiveness,” said Gerhard in a statement at the time. The Gries trap may be available as early as this year. Credits: Bed Bugs Are On The Rise: What Should You Know About Humanity’s Eternal Pest? – Medical Daily
So call a professional Pest Defense Solutions when you need help with killing bed bugs or removing bed bugs. They can be reached at 505-899-4808.Tags: bed bug extermination