Albuquerque Grasshopper Invasion: Protect Your Yard, Garden, and Landscaping
If you live in Albuquerque, you’re probably highly annoyed with the apocalyptic invasion of grasshoppers. Many have been spotted hopping, jumping, flying and sometimes crawling their way into your yard, driveway, or office landscaping.
In fact, according to the National Weather Service, the population density of grasshoppers is so intense in Albuerquerque these infesters are showing up on the weather radar. Yes, that would be the correct, the weather radar. Check out this video from ABC News with the recent story: Grasshopper Swarms So Dense They Show Up on Radar.
Many are blaming this recent invasion on weather conditions and the New Mexico drought as the underlying reason for the overcrowding of grasshoppers.
According to experts, overspraying insecticides isn’t going to be the immediate solution. There are a few quick tricks you can try, but there is no “secret remedy” to battle the grasshoppers. However, our professional service professionals help battle the grasshoppers and protect your garden plants!
Five Quick Tricks
- Dust your plants and grass with flour (Creates flavorless chewing gum for grasshoppers.)
- Plant marigolds, daises, mint, and dill (These attract insects that feed on grasshoppers, such as spiders and beetles.)
- Hire a small army of neighborhood kids to catch as many grasshoppers as possible. (Perfect fishing bait.)
- Go to a farm and borrow a chicken. (Chicken’s feed on grasshoppers)
- Call us for advice (Our friendly staff is always willing to help you determine the best approach to insect elimination).
Contact our office for an appointment. We’re currently accepting new clients and happy to help others learn how to fend off those nasty grasshoppers.Tags: Albuquerque, grasshoppers, Pest Defense Solutions